The General Practice Students Network (GPSN) is run by students interested in general practice as a specialty, for students with the same interest, facilitated by the GPRA head office to create programs and resources to support the next generation of Australia’s general practitioners. There are active GPSN clubs in medical schools at all 21 university campuses across Australia.
GPSN offers programs focused on exposing medical students to the inspiring diversity of a career in general practice. Activities include fun clinical skill sessions, social events, seminars and conferences, peer support and networking opportunities.
At UoW, GPSN isn't just for those who are set on being a GP, it is for everyone who wants to get involved.
Member Benefits include:
- Attend student-focused general practice seminars and skill sessions.
- Discounted registration to GPRA annual Future of General Practice conference in Melbourne
- Meet like-minded students at a variety of social events.
- Free copy of GP First guide.
- Free copy of GP Journey magazine.
- Discounted price for GP Companion.
- Bi-monthly e-newsletter providing the latest on all things general practice.
- Get connected with others who share an interest in general practice.
- Explore the diverse career paths available in general practice.
- Apply for the annual John Murtagh First Wave Scholarship Program
- Enjoy free Associate Membership of General Practice Registrars Australia (GPRA)
- Gain members-only access to resources on this website and the GPRA website.
For more information please email the UoW Club at firstname.lastname@example.org
Or follow the links below
National GPSN page: http://gpsn.org.au/
GPSN Facebook page
GPSN UoW Facebook page