Phase 3 cohort rep
The position holder represents cohort students at Phase 3 meetings; liaises with Student Head, Phase Head, Curriculum Manager and other administrative stakeholders to ensure general student matters are addressed and information disseminated to students, in light of longitudinal placements dispersing the student body across the state.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Provide organizational support to the WUMSS Executive and committee, both as part of a team and individually by:
- Attendance at Phase 3 meetings; preparing and submitting and agenda for above; addressing issues raised with WUMSS President as required;
- Attendance at WUMSS committee meetings;
- Liaising with student Graduation Committee to commence planning for the cohort’s graduation activities in December;
- At term completion, complete handover to incoming Phase 3 rep and informing administration accordingly;
- Represent WUMSS and UoW medical students at GSM and University events and meetings;
- Vote on resolutions at meetings; and,
- Assist WUMSS Executive and Committee members as required
The Phase 3 cohort rep must have proficient knowledge in the following:
- The Aims and vision of WUMSS;
- The WUMSS Constitution; and,
- Communication and negotiation skills.
The Phase 3 cohort rep must demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and non-verbally;
- Professional behavior in representing a student body effectively;
- Risk management with regards to
- Analytical, decision making skills;
- Stress management skills; and,
- Time management and the ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
The Secretary must maintain strict confidentiality in performing their duties, as well as demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be flexible; and,
- Demonstrate sound work ethic.
For enquiries please contact the WUMSS (Secretary) email@example.com