The WUMSS Publications Officer 2014-2015 will represent UoW medical students, and will work on official WUMSS publications throughout the year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Collate material for, edit and publish Issues of Rupture, the official WUMSS magazine (Four issues throughout the year)
- In collaboration with the outgoing Publications Officer, update, edit and publish the ‘Fresher Guide’ to be sent to all incoming first years in December
- Collaborate with WUMSS committee members to ensure an accurate representation of WUMSS views in all publications
- Prepare advertising material for WUMSS events as required
- Collaborate with the Sponsorship Officer to ensure appropriate placement of advertising from our valued sponsors
- Receive correspondence from various organizations requesting advertising in Rupture
- Mentor the incoming Publications Officer regarding their roles and responsibilities during the official handover period at the end of the year;
- Represent WUMSS and UoW medical students at GSM and University events and meetings;
- Vote on resolutions at meetings; and,
- Assist other WUMSS Executive and Committee members in other matters when required.
The Publications Officer must have proficient knowledge in the following:
- Basic computer knowledge for formatting and editing publications
- The values and viewpoints of WUMSS as a committee
- The generous and valued sponsors of WUMSS.
The Publications Officer must demonstrate the following skills:
- Basic computer editing and formatting (in 2015, Swift Publisher 3 was used for most publications)
- Decision making skills;
- Time management skills, and the ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to communicate effective, both verbally and non-verbally;
- Time management skills, and the ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
The Publications Officer must be able to portray the views and values of WUMSS in all publications, as well as;
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be flexible; and,
- Demonstrate sound work ethic.
For enquiries please contact the WUMSS Publications Officer email@example.com