The WUMSS Secretary 2014-2015 will represent UoW medical students, and will work on organizational, clerical, and administrative matters throughout the year.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Provide clerical, administrative and organizational support to the WUMSS Executive and committee, both as part of a team and individually by:
- Arranging Committee, General and Executive meetings, and the yearly Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- Preparing an agenda for each meeting;
- Taking the minutes of each meeting;
- Handling inward and outward correspondence for WUMSS where appropriate;
- Keep an up-to-date contact-list of all members of the WUMSS Committee and Executive, whilst ensuring confidentiality;
- Keep an up-to-date register of all general members of WUMSS;
- Present a secretarial report at the Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- Mentor the incoming Secretary regarding their roles and responsibilities during the official handover period at the end of the year;
- Represent WUMSS and UoW medical students at GSM and University events and meetings;
- Vote on resolutions at meetings; and,
- Assist other WUMSS Executive and Committee members in other matters when required.
The Secretary must have proficient knowledge in the following:
- The Aims and vision of WUMSS;
- The WUMSS Constitution; and,
- The current sponsorship/sponsors of WUMSS.
The Secretary must demonstrate the following skills:
- Team building;
- Analytical and problem solving;
- Decision making;
- Ability to communicate effective, both verbally and non-verbally;
- Ability to type and/or take notes efficiently and expeditiously;
- Operate word-processing programs (Microsoft Office Word, Adobe or Mac-based programs);
- Stress management; and,
- Time management, and the ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
The Secretary must maintain strict confidentiality in performing their duties, as well as demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be flexible; and,
- Demonstrate sound work ethic.
For enquiries please contact the WUMSS (Secretary) email@example.com