The Wollongong University Medical Students’ Society (WUMSS) Treasurer in 2016 will represent University of Wollongong (UoW) medical students and work on planning and managing the WUMSS annual budget. This position will also retain responsibility over all financial matters pertaining to WUMSS.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Provide budgeting, accounting and organisational support to the WUMSS Executive and committee, both as part of a team and individually by:
- Developing an annual budget approved by the Executive;
- Responsible for paying reimbursements and creating invoices on behalf of WUMSS;
- Keeping all WUMSS related bank accounts up-to-date;
- Acts as an advisor to other committee members in budgeting, planning and organising events;
- Works with WUMSS Vice President (Pre-clinical) to complete CSE funding and applications;
- Approves nominal value of contribution from WUMSS bank account according to policy;
- Help other WUMSS members with developing event budgets;
- Present a financial report at the Annual General Meeting (AGM);
- Mentor the incoming Treasurer regarding their roles and responsibilities during the official handover period;
- Represent WUMSS and UoW medical students at GSM and University events and meetings;
- Vote on resolutions at meetings; and,
- Assist other WUMSS Executive and Committee members in other matters when required.
The Treasurer must have proficient knowledge in the following:
- The Aims and vision of WUMSS;
- The WUMSS Constitution; and,
- The generous and valued sponsors of WUMSS.
The Treasurer must demonstrate the following skills:
- Team building;
- Accounting, Financial planning, and Budgeting skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills;
- Decision making skills;
- Ability to communicate effective, both verbally and non-verbally;
- Operate word-processing programs (Microsoft Office Word, Adobe or Mac-based programs);
- Stress management skills; and,
- Time management skills, and the ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
The Treasurer must maintain strict confidentiality in performing their duties, as well as demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be flexible; and,
- Demonstrate sound work ethic.
For enquiries please contact the WUMSS Treasurer via email: firstname.lastname@example.org