The WUMSS Web/IT Officer 2015-16 will represent UoW medical students, and will work on all matters regarding the maintenance of the WUMSS website.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Maintenance of the WUMSS website including, but not limited to:
- Posting of WUMSS material (e.g. minutes, posters, documents, Rupture) relating to meetings, events, polls, publications, etc.
- Manage all manners of polls and/or voting forums for collecting information from students.
- Manage the front-end of the WUMSS merchandise page including adding new items, removing old items, creating new PayPal buttons, etc.
- Administer WUMSS email addresses.
- Maintain subscriptions for the WUMSS SquareSpace hosting & domain name.
- Develop new web pages for the WUMSS website.
- Photograph the new executive & committee and administer the WUMSS Executive & Committee listing.
- Administer PayPal ticket sales for events.
- Administer RSVP pages for events.
Other duties include:
- Mentor the incoming Web & IT officer regarding their roles and responsibilities during the official handover period at the end of the year.
- Represent WUMSS and UoW medical students at GSM and University events and meetings.
- Vote on resolutions at meetings.
- Assist other WUMSS Executive and Committee members in other matters when required.
The Web/IT Officer must have proficient knowledge in the following:
- Basic knowledge of web development.
- The aims and vision of WUMSS.
- The WUMSS Constitution.
Knowledge in the following areas would also be helpful, but not strictly required:
- SquareSpace web platform
The Web/IT Officer must demonstrate the following skills:
- Analytical and problem solving;
- Decision making;
- Ability to communicate effective, both verbally and non-verbally;
- Operate word-processing programs (Microsoft Office Word, Adobe or Mac-based programs);
- Stress management; and,
- Time management, and the ability to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Can demonstrate appropriate AND RESPONSIBLE use of an invisibility cloak.
- Can copy and paste large chunks of text in a single bound.
The Web/IT Officer must maintain strict confidentiality in performing their duties, as well as demonstrate the following attributes:
- Be honest and trustworthy;
- Be respectful;
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity;
- Be flexible; and,
- Demonstrate sound work ethic.
For enquiries please contact the WUMSS (Web/IT Officer) firstname.lastname@example.org